Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 25 ~ 

And today, friends, was not a great day.  It was a weird day - I did not feel well in the morning, so I didn't eat anything until the afternoon, at which point I was really hungry and ate too much.  Moving on...

So - in order to squelch my frustration of how today played out, I will post dinner...

I made some seriously good vegan nachos tonight!!!















1/2 bag of salt free, organic Blue Corn tortilla chips
1/3 package of tempeh with flax
1/4 packet Trader Joe's taco seasoning (dry)
1/2 cup water
sliced red onion
sliced yellow & orange peppers
1/2 cup Amy's brand organic refried black beans
2 T Wayfare brand Mexi-Cheddar "cheese" sauce


I heated the refried beans and added them to the chips on a baking sheet.  I sauteed the onions and peppers in a little bit of olive oil.  While those were sauteeing, I added the taco seasoning (and I only used 1/4 packet because that stuff packs a punch, for real!) and water - whisked it until mixed, then added the tempeh to the mixing bowl.  Once the tempeh was covered with the taco seasoning, I added that mixture to the onions & peppers on the stove.  I let it all cook together for a few minutes then removed from the heat.  I used a slotted spoon so any liquid would remain in the pan and not go on the nachos.  I added the onions, peppers and tempeh to the nachos and topped it with the "cheese" sauce.  Baked at 400 for about 8 minutes and added chopped lettuce.  Voila!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails