Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14 ~ 30 day vegan challenge

~ Day 14 ~

I'll save most of my posting for tomorrow.  Tomorrow is a big day!!  First, the halfway point milestone of this cleanse (YAY, YAY, YAY) combined with a trip to Virginia with my friend Mary...I'll have a lot to talk about.  Since I will be gone for a large part of the day, I packed all of my food - bean & veggie salad; a rice cake and 1T raw almond butter; a Larabar...all things that I can easily grab and eat during the day.  Look for that post tomorrow night!

Today was also great.  I felt awesome - again.  I think this is becoming the norm for me.  Letting go of the negativity in my life....feeling controlled by food, feeling overwhelmed and frustrated with volunteer activities, feeling pulled is many different directions...it's uplifting, positive and freeing.  I feel like a new person.  I felt so energetic today that I contemplated an additional workout, but I had to reel it in and remind myself that if I overdo it, it will not help me at all.  Two tough workouts yesterday and one (possibly two) tomorrow...today I stuck with Insanity Cardio Recovery.  I was pretty hungry today and I did eat quite a bit more than I normally would, but I needed it after the calorie burn yesterday...although it was still more than necessary.  I am a bit bloated, but without the sluggish feeling that comes after a sugar rush and crash. 

My day in food!
Breakfast ~ Mashed sweet potato, 1/2 chopped apple, 12 raw pecans& cinnamon
Snack ~ Protein shake: 8 oz unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 2T vanilla hemp protein powder, 1/2T chia seeds, 1tsp maca powder
Lunch ~ Kale crisps; chopped veggie salad w/1T Braggs vinaigrette and 1T raw pumpkin seeds and mock tuna salad (made with chick peas).
Snack ~ brown rice cake with 1T raw almond butter, more kale crisps ( I have a love affair with these things)
Dinner ~ salad w/1T Braggs vinaigrette; 2 bowls of vegan mac & "cheese" (yeesh!)
Workout ~ Insanity Cardio Recovery
Water ~ 115 oz.

And....the pictures.  Just a couple because tomorrow will probably be overload.

My new additions to the protein shake.  Looks icky...but tastes good!
Vegan mac & "cheese" made with brown rice pasta
And just for a little cuteness.  My little, middle girl.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails