Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 21 ~

Today was MASSIVE SNACK ATTACK!!


Seriously.  It has to be these workouts.  Well, and part mental too I'm sure...but geesh,  I was eating ALL day today!  I think I ate more than an athletic teenage boy would.  I had been holding that bag of gluten free granola in the pantry for a few weeks - unopened.  But, today I opened it and added it to fruit and unsweetened vanilla almond milk...and let me tell you, after three weeks of no sweets, this was like dessert to me.  It was AWESOME!


I really have nothing else to report today - except it's cold...Brr!


Get ready for this - no doubt this is my biggest eating day since starting the cleanse 21 days ago...

Breakfast ~ 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/3 cup chick peas, chopped veggies, 1T vegenaise, sprinkle of 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe's.

Snack ~ Protein Shake: 10 oz unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2 handfuls baby spinach, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 1.5 tsp maca powder, 2T vanilla hemp powder
Lunch ~ sweet potato tempeh stew, kale crisps

Snack ~ kale crisps, roasted red pepper crisps w/Wayfare "cheddar" spread
Snack ~ 1/3 cup Udi's gluten free granola, blueberries, strawberries, cherries and a splash of Almond Breeze.

Dinner ~ Mashed sweet potato, 1/2 chopped apple, raw cashews & cinnamon
Snack ~ 2 brown rice cakes with 2T natural peanut butter

Workout ~ Insanity Cardio Recovery
Water ~ 100 oz.

Whew - that's a LOT of food!!  Too much, actually.  Tomorrow, I need to reel it in with the food and step up my workout, for sure.


It's a fun change to have veggies for breakfast!

Protein shake!
SO GOOD!!  YUM!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails