Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 23 ~ 

7 more days?  Really - that's it?  What's next?
Guess you'll have to stay tuned!

Get ready for a little TMI.  I definitely ate too much yesterday so I am a bit bloated today.  In addition, my stomach feels distressed.  I'll stop there.  I am just really uncomfortable today.  Not sure what other diet changes I should be making in order to alleviate some of the stomach distress - I cut out most pasta last week, aside from brown rice - maybe I had too much rice because I did have several brown rice cakes with nut butter last week, as well as quite a few meals with cooked brown rice.

I need to do some meal planning this week so I can see what I have in front of me - and then find balance by adding in salads and more veggies, both raw and cooked.  If you have any suggestions for me, please send them my way!

I am still working my way through a range of emotions which change day by day.  One day I will feel incredible, happy, positive and energetic.  Other days I feel moody, irritable and somewhat frustrated.  I doubt much of that is related to the cleanse...but it affects the food decisions I make each day.  One more reason for meal planning - to take the thought and emotion out of eating.

Okay - well, that was not the most positive post from me today.
Onto the food for the day...

Breakfast ~ sweet potato mash with chopped apple, raw pecans and cinnamon
Lunch ~ Protein shake: 10 oz unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2T vanilla hemp powder, 1 tsp maca powder, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, large handful raw baby spinach; kale crisps
Snack ~ chopped lettuce topped with chopped veggies, 1/2T vegenaise, 1T raw pumpkin seeds; Brad's raw roasted red pepper chips
Dinner ~ lentil black olive burger served over chopped lettuce with 1/2T Wayfare "cheddar cheese", leftover brussels sprouts with "cheese" sauce, leftover red skinned mashed potatoes
Snack ~ Larabar (carrot cake) Oh how I have missed you!!
Water ~ 100 oz
Workout ~ Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Pictures of the Lentil & Black Olive burgers:
Getting ready to make the burgers.
The veggies are sauteed & pureed with the lentils; olives added.
Recipe made 6 burgers; after baking in over for 30 minutes.
Dinner ~ YUMM-O!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails