Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 ~ 30 day Vegan Cleanse

One day at a time, right?  Today's day 2!

I still have a headache.  Two days straight.  I am not taking anything for it though because, well, that would defeat the purpose of removing the toxins.  I took it easy today - no workouts.  I did completely pull apart my pantry and then organized it.  It was good to get rid of a few things - I found some seriously expired foods in there.  Ick.  Next I took everything out of the fridge and scrubbed it, and all of the shelves.  Again...Ick!  I really need to do that more often.  I think I found gravy from Thanksgiving, but I can't be sure.  I washed and prepped all of my veggies for quick salads and snacks.  Tomorrow I will be cooking a few things so that I can easily grab something for lunch or dinner without having to think too much about it.  Thinking can sometimes get me in trouble in the kitchen.

I loved our first group call this morning.  It was great to hear Melissa talk about the importance of getting some of these toxins out of our systems and finding balance in our bodies.  Finding our natural energy without having anything like caffeine, pre-workout energy enhancers...and also regulating our moods - I am really excited to see how I will feel after this.  Melissa says it takes 30-32 days to break a habit.  I hope to break a few.

I learned a few great tips today.  One thing she's asked us to do is to put a glass of water (squeeze lemon in it) next to our beds.  When we wake up in the morning, we'll drink the water before we do anything.  It'll help to give a natural energy and also to alkalize our bodies.  I had a cup of hot water with lemon tonight and it was fantastic.  It helped with that night time craving - sitting watching a movie with Josh...while he's eating ice cream...of course I wanted something!  So I had my lemon water and a Larabar.  It was like dessert to me.  I love those bars.

Melissa says that the first 7 days are the most challenging.  I say - Bring It On!  2 down...28 to go!  And thensome...

Here's my day:
Breakfast: half of a brown rice bagel with 1T organic peanut butter
Lunch: Brown rice tortilla with 1/4 cup black beans, 4T fresh salsa and lettuce
Snack: 2T roasted red pepper hummus, celery sticks, 10 raw almonds
Dinner: large salad with lots of veggies and sunflower seeds, 1T Bragg Healthy Vinaigrette dressing
Snack: Larabar (Peanut Butter Cookie)

No workout today due to the headache (still have it, by the way) and I had about 85 ounces of water.

And now...pictures!  :o)

Today's snack!

This is after organizing - I have a lot of stuff.  HA!


A closer view.  Yes, I have a lot of peanut butter!

A clean and organized fridge - makes my heart happy.

All of my veggies are washed, prepped and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails