Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse & TONY HORTON!

~ Day 15 ~
THE HALF WAY POINT!!!

Oh goodness folks, sit back, grab a cup of tea and get ready for a novel.

Today was a FANTASTIC day!  I don't even know where to start.  First, I am super excited to have made it 15 days without any compulsive eating issues or consuming thoughts about specific foods.  That's HUGE for me.  I have been feeling absolutely awesome for the past few days.  My mind is clearer, I feel happier and less overwhelmed...and really just much more relaxed.  Looking at my food journal the past few days, I could definitely be eating a little less. I am eating more, but it's not like I am eating a few doughnuts or muffins or cookies.  I had a little too much brown rice pasta with nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce last night and tonight.   I don't think that'll do me in.

I planned on today being a long day, but it turns out it wasn't so long after all.  I did plan well though.  I brought breakfast in the car (I know, I know..."No more eating in the car, Debi!").  I thought I was running late.  I packed my lunch, tea, water and snacks.  I did not want to end up starving with limited food options (for my cleanse) available to me.  My friend Mary and I arrived in VA early so we talked with a few other Beachbody coaches until it was time to go into the ballroom.  There were at least 200 hundred people packed into the room to workout with Tony Horton...maybe more.  It was awesome to feel the energy...the enthusiasm and the excitement from everyone in the room.  When Tony first came out, I was instantly star struck - I mean, seriously...this is the man who got me started on this whole transformation and journey that I am on.  Because of his program and his motivation, I did P90X (June 2009) when I had never really worked out (other than running) before.  There he was - right in front of me.  But honestly, after a few minutes, he was acting as goofy as he does in his workout videos and he had everyone laughing and feeling comfortable doing goofy things too.  I felt like I have known him forever.

The workout was fantastic.  I wore my Bodybugg to see what my calorie burn would be (it was 536).  We did U-C-M-L (upper body, cardio, middle-abs and lower).  It was NO joke.  I was grunting and sweating...along with 200 other people.  We rocked that workout!

Mary & I ran to the bathroom after the workout and by the time we got back into the ballroom for the book signing, we were at the end of the line.  A line of around 300 people.  YIKES!!!  While signing books and posing for pictures with people, Tony would periodically call people from the back of the line up to the table.  After a few folks headed up there when he called "I'll take the two at the end of the line"...soon we were the last two in line...so next time we heard him say it, Mary & I got to hop right on up to the table to have our books signed and take pictures.  It was awesome.  We could have been there all day, but instead we were in and out. Thanks, Tony!  Although we were loving having a day without hearing "Mommy!  Mommy!"  haha!

I met a lot of great and fun people today...got to hang with a great friend...and, you know...the best part...got to meet TONY HORTON! 



Do you even care about what I ate today after all of this fun stuff?
Well, here it is anyway...
Breakfast ~ Mashed sweet potato with 1/2 chopped apple, chopped raw cashews and cinnamon
Late morning ~ 8 oz Kombucha after workout
Lunch ~ chopped veggie salad with 1/2 cup white beans, 1T raw pumpkin seeds, 1T vegenaise
Snack ~ brown rice cake with 1T raw almond butter
Snack ~ kale crisps
Dinner ~ Salad with 1T Braggs vinaigrette, 1/2 baked delicata squash, 2 bowls of the vegan Mac & "cheese" (yes, 2 bowls...I was SO hungry....again!)
Snack ~ Larabar (Pecan Pie)
Water ~ upwards of 140 oz.
Workout ~ As much as I hoped I might still do my Insanity tonight because I didn't want to miss a day in the program - much less a day in week 2 - I was way too sore after the group workout today.  So, I missed my first day of Insanity.

And - the best part, although you have probably already seen my photo albums on Facebook...


Deb & Mary ~ pre-workout
Fierce!
Yeah, this girl can kick high!
Deb & Mary ~ post-workout X Style
Strike a pose...do I always stand like this?  Yeesh!
Deb meets Tony Horton ~ awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails