Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse


Day 8 ~ and today was tough

That's right.  Not every day is butterflies, kittens and rainbows over here.

I struggled today.  I was hungry - really hungry.  I am still working on deciphering between physical hunger and mental hunger.  Today I felt physically hungry, even after eating.  I dogged it during my workout - I had to keep resting because my muscles are so, so sore.  It's got to get better right?  I mean thousands of people have done Insanity...I don't feel like I should be struggling so much.  Today was Pure Cardio and let me tell you, when Shaun T says at the end, "That sh*t was bananas" he's not joking...
not even a little bit.

I did start feeling more like myself throughout the evening - back to feeling happy, positive and energetic...thankfully!  (But still hungry).

Here's my food:
Breakfast: gluten free waffle with 1T raw almond butter, 1 sliced strawberry
Snack: small bean salad - 1/4 cup white beans, green & yellow beans, celery, yellow peppers, 1/2Tgrapeseed oil vegenaise
Snack: Larabar - Banana Bread (*I remembered after I started eating it that we should stay away from bananas on the cleanse)
Snack: kale crisps & small handful of raw cashews
Dinner: salad with 1T Braggs vinaigrette & chopped chipotle Garderburger; leftover roasted vegetables, few more kale crisps
Snack: baby yellow carrots & roasted red pepper hummus
Water: 125 oz
Workout: Insanity Pure Cardio


And now...you guessed it...Pictures!!
YUM and YUM!!!

These are the waffles I have for breakfast.
Chop and add to salad, slice and roll up in a tortilla with veggies, or slap onto a bun...either way, Yum!!


Dinner tonight!  Salad with chopped chipotle Gardenburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails