Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 16 ~

I have decided to set a few goals for this week.  Here's what I'd like to attain - and then see how I feel once the week is through.

~ No Larabars this week - not one!
~ Limit brown rice pasta to once or twice - no more than that
~ No eating after 8 PM.  If I feel hungry, I will have lemon water or tea.
~ More greens (spinach, kale, etc) and more whole grains and beans (instead of the pasta)
~ Protein shake every day (with spinach)

I am bloated today - must be from the excess brown rice pasta last week (and hormones).  I still feel good though...and although I felt a little more impatient than usual, I think that's hormones as well.  Always fun being a woman.  You never know what you're gonna get.  Haha!!  I'm also still very sore from yesterday's workout with Tony Horton.  My abs have not been worked like that in a LONG time.  (Goes to show I need to add in a lot more ab work...and start making sure I am contracting my core during my Insanity workouts).  I have not done that many push-ups since my last P90X workouts, many months ago.  So, I reawakened a lot of muscles that had kind of gone dormant for a few months.  I am now really looking forward to jumping into a round of P90X following this round of Insanity.  I am pushing through with Insanity, but I really do love my resistance with weights.  I am going to try to add a little bit in this coming week.  I am not up to doing a whole P90X workout yet while doing Insanity, but even if I can get in 15 or 20 minutes of free weights a few days a week, I'll feel better about that.  I should go back up and add that to my goals, but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself.

Food for the day:
Breakfast ~ Gluten free waffle with 1T raw almond butter and 2 sliced strawberries
Snack ~ Protein shake: 8 oz unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2T vanilla hemp protein, 2 handfuls raw baby spinach, 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 1 tsp maca powder, 1/2T chia seeds
Lunch ~ Chopped veggies (cuke, radish, carrot, celery, red onion, peppers) with 1T vegenaise and 1T raw pumpkin seeds
Pre-workout ~ 8 oz Kombucha
Post-workout ~ 8 oz. Kombucha
Dinner ~ salad with 1T Braggs vinaigrette; half baked acorn squash stuffed with: onion, mushroom, garlic, celery & almonds, topped with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast; creamy tahini kale with toasted sesame seeds
Water: 100+ oz (I lost track)
Workout: still really sore from yesterday so I opted for Shaun T's Fast & Furious.  Not the workout I was supposed to do today, but at least I did one - and it's still Insanity, so it's not cheating.

Only one picture today!
This is from dinner - the stuffed acorn squash and creamy tahini kale (I only ate half of the kale and saved the rest for tomorrow)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails