Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 24 ~ 

Today was a FUN day!  There was no school (in-service day for teachers) so the girls and I had a lot of fun.  I started the morning by making "Puffins" for the girls.  Ashelyn named them Puffins because they are pancakes made in muffin molds ("P" for pancake and "uffin" for muffin).  All I did was mix up a double batch of pancake mix, added about 1/3 cup organic pureed pumpkin, a sprinkle of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and about 1/4 cup non-dairy mini chocolate chips, then I sprinkled pink decorative sugar on top before baking.  I divided this mixture between a mini muffin pan (made 12 mini muffins) and 9 heart shaped cupcake molds.  Baked the mini muffins at 375 for 12 minutes and the heart shaped muffins at 375 for 25 minutes.  They LOVED them!  We also did a craft, watched a movie, read books, played princesses...it was a fun day - all in our pajamas!
Ashelyn calls them "Puffins" ~ so cute!

My breakfast this morning was savory and REALLY good, not to mention pretty pleasing to the eye.  I made 1/4 cup steel cut oats with 1/2 cup water.  While that was cooking, I sauteed chopped red onion, sweet potato (diced very small) and zucchini (diced small) in evoo with herbs.  I also chopped one kale leaf and added that to the pan for a minute.  When the veggies were cooked, I tossed them into the steel cut oats and mixed it, then topped with a sprinkle of organic mixed herbs.

Breakfast - so bright and colorful first thing in the morning.


Today was a much needed rest day from Insanity.  I did want to do a little something so I ran up and down the stairs ten times.  Sounds kind of odd - but let me tell you by the 8th time up I was panting and my quads were screaming.  Haha!

Food for the day:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup steel cut oats; sauteed onion, sweet potato. zucchini & kale in evoo with herbs
Snack: Kale crisps
Lunch: tomato & onion salad with Braggs vinaigrette; brown rice wrap with 1/2 cup organic refried black beans, 1T Wayfare "mexi-cheddar cheese", lettuce & sprouts
Snack: kale crisps
Dinner: chopped veggie salad w/Braggs vinaigrette, lentil black olive burger and kale crisp crumbs (yes, I will not waste crumbs so I put them on my salad); bowl of curried cauliflower soup
Snack: Larabar (Carrot Cake)

Lunch ~ brown rice wrap and tomato & onion salad

Making the curried cauliflower soup - sauteing apples, onions, garlic & curry powder
Added the veggie broth and cauliflower - then simmered, covered.
Dinner - salad with lentil olive burger on top and curried cauliflower soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails