Super Easy & Gluten-Free!
- 1 box Annie's Homegrown Brown Rice Mac & Cheese
- 1 cup diced broccoli, raw
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Generous sprinkle/shake: seasoning of your choice (I used FlavorGod Garlic Lover's Seasoning)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (optional)
Prepare mac & cheese as directed on the box, and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir in broccoli, jalapeño and seasoning. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, stir and place in oven-safe ramekin or baking dish. Heat for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately top with the remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
I served this with DoctorKracker Cheddar Pumpkin Seed crackers, pictured. (Note: the crackers were not Gluten-Free)
Suggestions: Find a block of good, aged sharp yellow cheddar and shred it yourself. It makes a big difference - and strengthens the shoulders & biceps in the process.
More recipes and food tips on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/FitHealthyMommy