Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 ~ 30 Day Vegan Cleanse

~ Day 22 ~

Today was a tougher day.  Started out great but because I was running errands all morning and into early afternoon, I didn't eat a lot during the day...so, naturally, I was really hungry at night.  Ah well, tomorrow I will work on balance.  Hey, at least I stuck with my goal of not having any Larabars this week!  Although, I did eat after 8 PM a few nights (like tonight).

I took Lexi for a ride out to Wegmans today (LOVE that place!!!)  She was super excited because they were serving cake in the lobby so she got to have a small piece.  We drove out there to meet Brad & Jaime from Brad's Raw Chips.  Brad is the creator of the kale crisps that I talk about nonstop (yes, I do have a love affair with those crisps).  Please visit his site to learn more about him and why he created these raw food snacks.  He's a really great guy and his products ROCK.  Brad's Raw Chips  His products can be found locally at Wegmans, Whole Foods, The Health Concern (Towson) and My Organic Market (Jessup).  It was really nice to talk with Brad & Jaime.  I hope to be able to help them promote their products here in Maryland.





After we left Wegmans, we rushed home, dropped off some groceries (and more Brad's kale crisps) and then ran to soccer practice.  Lexi had a lot of fun today.  I really wish I had her energy sometimes.  She's such a happy, enthusiastic little girl.



I switched up my workout today.  I was supposed to do Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance but I opted for Insanity Upper Body Weight Training.  Only Shaun T can take something like upper body resistance and make it so freakin' hard - with cardio added in.  I really think he might be trying to kill me.  After all, he said it himself..."My goal is not to kill you.  My goal is for you to kill yourself."  Whew!


Here's my food for the day...
Breakfast ~ chopped veggies, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1T vegenaise
Snack ~ kale crisps, celery sticks, 10 raw almonds
Snack ~ Protein shake: 12 oz. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 2 handfuls spinach, 2T vanilla hemp powder, 1.5 tsp maca powder
Snack ~ Kale crisps
Dinner ~ (big dinner!) steamed brussels sprouts & braised balsamic asparagus both with "cheddar cheese" sauce; mashed red potatoes with nutritional yeast, veggie broth and herbs; 1/2 cup brown rice with tamari, mushrooms, and onions.
Snack ~ granola, strawberries, cherries and Almond Breeze


Breakfast
Dinner ~ YUM!!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails