Monday, May 7, 2012

Ultimate Reset - Week 1 Day 2 Recap

Hi friends!!  Week 1, Day 2 of my Ultimate Reset is closing and overall it was a good day.  I will admit that I had some struggles, but overall, I'm feeling pretty good!!  It's only day 2 but I am looking forward to my posts on Days 19, 20 & 21.  I can seriously imagine the feeling of accomplishment!

My food was the same as yesterday.  I didn't want to waste leftovers so I repeated last night's dinner, and breakfast was on the run so I opted for quick oatmeal again.  I was feeling a little more hungry today and I took time to reflect on how I was feeling each time - to determine whether it was hunger or habit.  A few times I was hungry, but I opted for water.  Tomorrow I think I'll add a snack in if I need it.  I did miss my pre-dinner supplements because my afternoon ran into evening so quickly that I ran out of time.  Otherwise I'd be eating dinner at 8 PM.  (The supplements are taken and then I have to wait half an hour before I can eat, then 2 hours - at least - before my next supplements and so on.)  I added the missed supplements after dinner.

I will say that I am having a little trouble with the Alkalinize.  I am usually pretty good with green smoothies and juices, but this stuff is GREEN.  I had all 3 girls smell it and all 3 of them made stink faces.  Hahaha!!  Whatever, it's good for me and is helping to restore my body internally, so I'll hold my nose and drink it every day (read: shoot it back).

My energy is good!  I thought I might feel sluggish today, but maybe that will hit tomorrow or Wednesday.  I set my alarm and got up at 5:15 this morning.  That wasn't easy - I wanted to hit snooze and roll over.  But, I did it - I got up and I did a 25 minute morning yoga (DVD).  It was actually a really fabulous way to start my morning.  I turned on a dim light, light a relaxation candle, and faced the windows so that I was able to see the sun rise.  I hope to start most day like this.  It set my mood (peaceful) for the day and I felt a little less frazzled during our first school morning routine following vacation.  Maybe another 19 days of this will truly help to calm me.  I'll keep posting about it as I go through this program.

5:30 AM - Yoga
7:30 AM - Oxygenize, Optimize & Mineralize w/12 oz water
8:15 AM - Breakfast
1:45 PM - Oxygenize, Optimize & Mineralize w/12 oz water
2:30 PM - Lunch
4:30 PM - Alkalinize w/4 oz water
6:30 PM - Dinner
9:15 PM - Oxygenize, Optimize & Mineralize w/12 oz water (this should have been prior to dinner)

I think I had around 90 ounces of water including each 12 oz with my supplements.  I should have had one more 25 oz cup, but it was cold today and water always chills me further, even if it's room temp.  Tomorrow I might start my day with warm lemon water.

Do you have any questions regarding my Reset?  Please feel free to comment here and ask, or email me at Debi@FitNHealthyMommy.com.  I'm happy to share throughout this program.

Also, Beachbody has provided me with my personal Ultimate Reset Website - If you want more details about what's included in the Reset program, be sure to check out my site!

Breakfast: 1 cup gluten free oatmeal; 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt; 1 cup blueberries
Lunch: microgreens salad with veggies, 1T raw pine nuts, 2T Bragg's Healthy Vinaigrette dressing (I should have made my own dressing, but I was so hungry, I used my healthy option)

Dinner: leftovers from last night - Baked salmon; 3/4 cup steamed potatoes; 1 cup steamed asparagus - just as good as it was last night!


I love the little travel pouch that comes with the program.  I had to take my pre-lunch supplements on the way to preschool pick up today.

2 comments:

  1. Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails