Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ultimate Reset - Week 1, Day 1 Recap

This is my 8th blog post of the year.  How awful is that?  What's funny, it's my second one today.  I'm hoping to have plenty of reading for you all over the next three weeks.  Bear with me - it might be a bumpy ride as I go through sugar withdrawals, avoid beer & chips with guac (my fave weekend treat!), and when I am bitter that I'm not snacking and eating addictive foods.  I know this is going to be so good for me...therefore I'm moving on to positive thoughts!!

Day one is done (almost).  I'm feeling good.  A little hungry - I'm used to some sort of nighttime snack.  I'm drinking water and trying to refocus on what I'm doing.  I'll try to stop letting my mind drift to sugary thoughts.  Or chocolatey ones...

I posted pictures of my Week 1 groceries and my Week 1, Day 1 foods below.  My day went something like this...

9AM - supplements: Mineralize, Oxygenize, Optimize w/12 oz water
9:40AM - breakfast
20 minute walk with the dog
1PM - supplements: Mineralize, Oxygenize, Optimize w/12 oz water
1:40PM - lunch
3:45PM - Alkalinize w/4 oz water
5:40PM - supplements: Mineralize, Oxygenize, Optimize w/12 oz water
6:15PM - dinner
20 minute walk with the dog
Approx - 75 oz water not including the water with supplements
Planning on 25 minutes of yoga before bed

I'm interested in seeing how I feel over the next few days.  I expect headaches, some body aches, fatigue and irritability.  I've gone through this before - in January of 2011 when I participated in a 30 day cleanse.  I'm looking forward to bulldozing through this week and then reaping the benefits of feeling amazing once the toxic stuff is out of my system!


Week 1 Groceries

Week 1 Groceries

Week 1 Groceries - produce!

Week 1 Groceries - more produce

Breakfast - 1 cup gluten free oats with 1 tsp maple flakes; 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt; 1 cup blueberries


Lunch - large microgreens salad w/1T pine nuts & 2T Bragg's Healthy Vinaigrette dressing




Dinner - bakes salmon; 1 cup steamed asparagus; 3/4 cup steamed red potatoes



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails