Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ultimate Reset - Week 1, Day 3 Recap

Well, friends, I have survived Day 3.  Just kidding, it's not that bad.  I did feel tired today, but that's because my energy kept me awake late last night, so I struggled getting up this morning.  I set my alarm for 5:35 and did my morning Yoga at 5:55.  I confess I got into bed after the yoga and rested until 6:45 - hahaha!!  I felt tired again in the afternoon around 2 PM, so I took advantage of my girls' having their quiet time and I rested for about 35 minutes too.  I felt GREAT afterwards!

One of the (strong) suggestions with the Ultimate Reset is to NOT do any intense exercise during the 21 days.  The only movement that's advised is walking briskly 20 minutes twice per day or yoga, stretching, Tai Chi, etc.  Tonight was my TurboKick teaching night so I opted to teach.  Other instructors who are following the program have found subs to teach their classes for 3 weeks.  Because I had class tonight, I added in a snack today along with my 3 meals.  I feel like it was a good decision - and I had my dinner post-workout.

I admit I'm having a little trouble with a few things.  First, we're advised not to drink water while eating because, contrary to what most people think, water while eating can actually hinder digestion instead of aiding it.  I am used to drinking water with my meals, so now that I have to wait for ten minutes or more after eating, I find that I am not drinking as much water as I'm used to.  Therefore, I need to add it in more throughout the day.  Not a big deal, but definitely a change for me.  I'm not loving the Alkalinize each day.  I'm glad it's only once per day - and I take it like a shot in 4 oz water.  Like I posted yesterday, it's very GREEN.

I'm getting used to not having overwhelming flavors, although my steamed greens were tough to eat tonight.  They were pretty bitter.  I might have to add a little squeeze of lemon when I have them for breakfast tomorrow.

Here's how my looked today:
5:35 AM - wake up
5:55 AM - Yoga
7:20 AM - 12 oz water with Mineralize, Optimize & Oxygenize
7:50 AM - Breakfast
12:15 PM - 12 oz water with Mineralize, Optimize & Oxygenize 
1:00 PM - Lunch
3:25 PM - Alkalinize w/4oz water
4:30 PM - Snack
7:00 PM - TurboKick class
8:10 PM - 12 oz water with Mineralize, Optimize & Oxygenize 
9:00 PM - Dinner (yikes - so late!!)



Breakfast - Modified: I used quinoa flakes instead of rice cereal (still a good option); 1T Grade B organic maple syrup; 2T raw pecans (should have been walnuts but I didn't have any); 1 cup mixed raspberries & blueberries

Lunch: microgreens salad with veggies; 1 serving zucchini cashew soup (it was AMAZING)

Snack: 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup mixed berries


Dinner: Steamed greens (Kale & Dandelion) and baked tempeh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails