Monday, March 19, 2012

5 Day Mini-Detox: Day 1 Recap

Whose idea was this anyway?  Oh, right.  Mine.

I am not brimming with energy tonight.  In fact, I'm feeling pretty tired - and kind of hungry.  After the past two weeks of travel, eating & drinking...it's a big adjustment (shock, really) to my body to be consuming so many fewer calories today.  And I added some extras in because I was feeling a little shaky earlier today.

This is most definitely going to be a day-by-day detox for me.

Here's what my day looked like:
9 AM - green juice
11:30 AM - green juice
1 PM - small handful of grapes and small handful of unsalted mixed nuts
5 PM - huge salad w/tuna
6 PM - more mixed nuts and 1T peanut butter

Let's review - this is NOT what you should be doing!  I'll admit, I should have planned better and been more conscious of what my body needed today.  This is not how my day should look.  Let me explain.  There should have been at least one more juice and a smoothie in there.  And for the love, I need to chill with the nuts!!  This has been one of my problems lately - too many nuts.  They're great in moderation...but I've been abusing them and the scale shows it.  That's a whole other story.  Maybe later...

I did not drink enough water today.  This is also where I have been lacking lately.  I need to drink more water...and if I did like I should, I would not be so hungry and running for the nuts.  I did two workouts - a 35 minute resistance Les Mills PUMP (via Fit & Healthy Mommy - Beachbody Coach) Pump & Burn workout this afternoon, followed by a 45 minute cardio Les Mills PUMP Combat workout tonight.  *Please note that we all have individual workout needs & goals, so you should exercise how you feel most comfortable, and don't overdo it.*  If you do exercise each day, make sure you hydrate before, during and after your workouts. (ahem, Debi)

So, friends, tomorrow will be better.  I promise!!

Hey - at least no sugar or gluten today - BOOYAH!! 

Here's some pictures from today...



Today's juice (prior to blending) - it was very GREEN.  Kale, spinach, baby cucumber, small amount of shredded carrot, squeeze of lemon juice, 1 scoop wheatgrass powder, 2 tsp maca powder and I filled the blender 3/4 full with water.  It made about 50 oz.

Here's the juice, after blending and straining half, leaving the fiber in the rest.  Served with a large bottle of water with lemon.

Dinner!!  HUGE salad with mixed greens, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, red bell pepper, red onion, sprouts and albacore tuna.  I used a raw spring onion (fermented) dressing and mixed it with a tiny amount of avocado oil to make a vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails