Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dole Bananas and Fit & Healthy Mommy: Special Event

Psst!  Yes, I'm talking to you!  You have GOT to read this.  I am so excited I can barely sit still.

I have been chosen by Dole Bananas to host a super exclusive event this month.  I know - how exciting, right?!?  I'll tell you more about the event in a moment.  But first, here's some really neat information regarding Baltimore and bananas.


Did you know that residents in Baltimore and the surrounding area consume more bananas than most other cities in the United States?  Baltimore has been named a 2012 "Top Banana City".  Pretty fantastic, right?  Have you ever walked into a grocery store and not seen a beautiful pile of sunny yellow bananas?  Maybe you slice them and put them in your cereal, make an ice cream sundae with them, eat them before or after a workout, grab one and toss it in your briefcase or lunchbag for a mid-morning snack.  However you choose to eat your bananas, you're helping our area to be one of the highest in banana consumption in our country!  Go you!  Read more about Baltimore being named a top Banana city here:  Baltimore and Bananas on Bloomberg

Here's another little factoid.  Dole has coined the phrase "Bananas - Nature's Natural Energy Bar".  Bananas are super healthy and are packed with nutrients such as vitamins B-6 & C, potassium, manganese & dietary fiber.  They're a natural, sweet treat and can be enjoyed in many healthy recipes.  They're also an amazing choice pre & post workout (hint, hint).  More on that in a minute.

First, a few more tidbits for you.  More than 90% of U.S. households buy bananas regularly - they're our nation's most popular fruit AND the #1 item sold in supermarkets.  Dole is the #1 banana brand in the world.

Studies have shown that bananas are an excellent energy source and they also help to replenish lost carbohydrates & glycogen that are burned off during exercise.  They contain electrolytes and are great for a post-workout boost without the added sodium and sugars of popular sports drinks - plus, they're a fraction of the price!

Now - what you've been waiting for - The Main Event!
*When: Saturday, July 28th at 8:00 PM
*Where: My house - please contact me for my address & directions

I'll be serving up several treats and we'll also be making some together.  All will include Dole bananas and each recipe will be healthy!  Do you think bananas are only best used in sweet baked goods, ice cream or smoothies?  Think again!  I'll share some savory snacks and dishes that would make wonderful main dishes at parties and gatherings (just like the one I'm hosting).  I'm even going to share 2 things that are from my recipe vault.  Exciting!

Even more exciting than that, though - yes, it gets even better - is that Dole is giving away tons of GOODIES to YOU!!!  I'm going to keep those top secret until you arrive at my house for the event.  There needs to be some element of surprise and awe, right?

Be sure to RSVP as soon as possible.  In fact, step away, go check your calendar and mark the date & time.  There, now you're all set on your end.  Next, email me to reserve your spot.  They're filling up quickly and I want to make sure you get on the list.  You can reach me at Debi@FitNHealthyMommy.com or message me on Facebook here:  Fit & Healthy Mommy on Facebook

Before the sneak peek of the delicious recipes you'll be tasting, please find Dole Bananas on Facebook and Twitter.  Like & follow them - post, share, discuss - and tell them how much you love me.  Okay, maybe not that last part....well, unless you want to!

Dole Bananas on Facebook: Dole Bananas
Dole Bananas on Twitter: Dole Bananas
366 Ways to Go Bananas in 2012: Banana-A-Day









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails