Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Peasy Personal Pizza ~ Lunch is served!

Today has been all about greens for me.  I am experimenting a little bit with food for a few days to see how I feel when I eliminate or reduce some things, and add in more of other things.  I am reducing (not eliminating) dairy and gluten - although today's lunch had both.  But, it was still pretty healthy, considering the alternatives.  Oh, and I should add, to keep it real, that I did also have a square of endangered species Supreme Dark Chocolate (72% cocoa) to round out my lunch.  Why not, right?  Antioxidants!!

Breakfast was leftovers from last night's dinner:  sauteed rainbow chard with baby bok choy and onions in a little bit of evoo with a pinch of salt.  I was really hungry this morning because I ate late, so no pictures of this...sorry!

I wanted something hearty for lunch, but still wanted to get my greens in.  I did opt to have a little cheese and whole wheat because I am not at a point where I can eliminate those things for good.  I really wanted pizza, so I made up a little personal pizza - and then devoured it.  I served it with chopped romaine and shredded carrots, with a splash of Bragg's Healthy Vinaigrette dressing.

For the pizza:
  • 1 whole wheat pita
  • 1 small orange pepper
  • 1 or 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
  • 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese (I used garlic & herb)
  • A sprinkle (scant 2T) shredded mozzarella (I used organic)
  • 1 medium ripe red tomato
  • A few leaves of basil, finely chopped
In a small saucepan, saute the sliced orange pepper.  When that is partially cooked, remove it from the pan and add the spinach - just to wilt it, don't overcook.  Spread the Laughing Cow cheese onto the pita, layer the tomatoes, then add the basil, peppers, spinach and mozzarella.  Put on a pizza stone or tray and place in 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes, give or take.

Be prepared to not want to share.  Thankfully my girls were in their rooms for quiet time.
 

I really didn't need the whole thing, but it was so good!

Not a ton of cheese, but gooey nonetheless! 

Look at the colors!  So beautiful - Eat a Rainbow People!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails