Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Showcase the Good Stuff

I can't begin to tell you how often I feel hungry - especially in the afternoon when the girls are having their quiet time or at night when the day finally feels calm.  Oftentimes, I would go to the pantry first.  The pantry is usually the last resort for me these days (most days anyway).  I try to first look on my counter or in the fridge for a healthier option than what I might find in the pantry.


Not too long ago, I read that keeping room-temperature produce out on the counter where you can see it when you walk into the kitchen not only helps with making better snack choices, but also improves our mood.  Score!


Here's what my kitchen looks like today:



The selection is always a little different depending on the day, but just this little splash of color makes me feel good - and it looks nice too!  The tomatoes are all from our garden...they're the only things that actually did well for us this year.


 


1 comment:

  1. Yum, I am looking forward to some of those tomatoes tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails