Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Crockpot Meal

Really?  I haven't blogged since...gasp...JULY?!?  Let's just try to skip over that little tidbit of information and hop right over to this awesome dinner I made yesterday.

Although it's been unseasonably warm in the Mid-Atlantic area recently, yesterday we welcomed FALL temps.  Happy Dance!!!  When the weather gets cooler, I always feel compelled to pull out my Crockpot more often.  Since we just got back from Disney on Sunday, I found myself staring into an empty fridge yesterday morning.  A quick ($300) trip to the grocery store solved that problem.

I picked up a fresh, hormone-free pork tenderloin and a slew of veggies - then decided I'd figure out the rest when I got home.  I chose small red potatoes, sliced white mushrooms, asparagus and a large vidalia onion along with the spices.

This is the super easy part...

I washed my produce, sliced the potatoes in half, chopped the onion into 1" chunks, cut the asparagus spears into thirds and - nice - the mushrooms were already cleaned and sliced for me.  Win!  I only rinsed the tenderloin.  I didn't season or pan sear it.

I tossed the potatoes & onions into the bottom of the crockpot and added the tenderloin on top.  Here's where I added the spices.  I simply sprinkled cumin, organic garlic sea salt and a Mexican Fiesta blend directly onto the tenderloin (when it was done cooking, it looked like a rub, without the effort!)  I then added the free range chicken broth around the sides of the tenderloin (it was about 1 cup of broth) and topped the tenderloin with the mushrooms & asparagus.

That was it!!  I just covered it and set it to low for 7.5 hours.  When it was done, it smelled amazing and the pork fell apart with a spoon.  My five year old inhaled a full plate.  Her favorite part?  The mushrooms.  I just love her and her desire to try new foods!

You can really make this any way you feel inclined.  I loved the way it turned out.  Let me know if you try it and what you end up adding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails