Friday, November 26, 2010

Shakeology mini pies

For my dessert on Thanksgiving, I made Shakeology mini-pies.  I cheated a little with the crust, but for 100 calories, I wasn't overly concerned.

I used 4 Keebler mini graham crusts
3/4 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1/2 pkg (6 oz.) Light Silken Tofu
3 Tbsp natural Peanut Butter
few tbsp Almond Breeze
2 tbsp agave
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
pumpkin pie spice
cinnamon

I blended everything in my Ninja until it was smooth, then I poured it into the pie crusts.  I let it sit in the fridge all day.  They were very good but tasted more like chocolate peanut butter (couldn't really taste the pumpkin at all).  I had one and froze the other three wrapped in parchment as they didn't really firm up in the fridge.

Either way, this was super yummy!  And I liked that it was a healthier option for dessert.  :o)

The Usual Suspects (i.e. ingredients)
Before mixing - looks, uh, interesting!



Voila!  :o)



Just for kicks, here's the pecan pie I made for Josh ~ before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails